Monday, April 25, 2011

Referral Marketing: No Pain, No Gain

Since January, I've lost 10 pounds. I decided to hire a personal trainer to hold me accountable to my fitness goals. I stopped drinking Diet Coke ... well okay, I've had one or two since January, but it's gone from my routine. I've started jogging on the treadmill ... something I could never imagine myself doing EVER. I just yesterday, I jogged for 3 miles from my hotel room.

When I stop to think about it, I've made quite a few changes this year. All the good ... but none without some pain. Working out regularly is painful at times. Giving up some things and making better food choices is painful too. But when I look down at the scale and take pants to the Tailor to be taken in ... I definitely see the gain.

Referral marketing is not a quick fix to your business. It takes effort over a period of time to reap the benefits of your investment. Relationships take time to develop and are seldom without some pain along the way. If you provide the leadership and patience, referral marketing will reward you with potentially the greatest gain you will ever experience from any other form of marketing.

The progress I've made with my fitness has taken me some time, energy, and a personal commitment on my part. No one can do this for me. I have to lead my own results one workout at a time. You need to do the same with referral marketing ... one relationship at a time!

No comments: