Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wine Tasting Parties

I love wine! I enjoy making wine, too. For me, wine is associated with one of my favorite people ... my grandfather (who is now passed away). It reminds me of family traditions and the warmth of close friendships. I remember helping my grandfather to pick the grapes and turn the handle of the wine press. The smell of wine of the basement was well worth being in the presence of what seemed like a million fruit flies!

Today, I use wine to bring family, friends, and referral partners together by hosting wine tasting parties. I'm in the midst of planning one now. The idea is that everyone will bring a bottle of their favorite wine in a wine bag so that it can't be identified. Every participant will be given a rating card to rate the taste of the wines they choose to sample. The challenge will be attempting to identify the kind of wine (shiraz, cabernet, merlot, pinot, etc.) while also choosing their favorite wine for the evening.

This kind of activity brings people together from all walks of life. It's a huge networking event for all involved. New relationships are sparked, connections are made, problems are solved, and friendships are deepened. All value that comes from my intention of bringing people together.

This kind of event is a meaningful investment in each relationship that participates.

What kinds of events or activities have you planned for your referral partners that added value to your relationship?

No comments: