Sunday, March 16, 2008

Referral Marketing: The Importance of Branding!

What does it mean to "brand" your business? How important is it to establish a brand identity? Does it really have an impact on whether or not someone chooses to buy from you?

Wikipedia states: "Marketers engaged in branding seek to develop or align the expectations behind the brand experience, creating the impression that a brand associated with a product or service has certain qualities or characteristics that make it special or unique. A brand image may be developed by attributing a "personality" to or associating an "image" with a product or service, whereby the personality or image is "branded" into the consciousness of consumers. A brand is therefore one of the most valuable elements in an advertising theme. The art of creating and maintaining a brand is called brand management. One goal in brand recognition is the identification of a brand without the name of the company present. For example, Disney has been successful at branding with their particular script font (originally created for Walt Disney's "signature" logo)."

I feel that branding plays a big part in whether or not someone chooses to buy from you. I also feel that establishing a successful brand also enhances your referability! When other people can stand behind your brand with confidence and security, they feel that they can refer with you with the same confidence.

In the near future, you will begin to notice my brand identity shifting to Referral Institute. I am now the owner of the Referral Institute franchise in Western Pennsylvania and in order to align with a well-established brand and simplify/clarify my brand identity, I will soon be shifting my website, email and the title of this blog to reflect that brand. I've made a practice thus far to practice what I teach ... I can't stop now! So, stay tuned.

No comments: