Friday, September 05, 2008

Referability Expert: Invisible Fences

If you follow this blog, you're probably aware that several months ago, I got a new 6 month old puppy. Well, she's almost a year old now and she has become a fantastic dog! She's incredibly smart (if I do say so myself). She seems to be able to learn a new trick in a matter of a day or so. She loves to ride in the canoe, go camping, hike, and basically be anywhere I am. It certainly didn't take her long at all to find a very secure place in the family!

Well, now I'm trying to decide if I want to have an invisible fence installed to ensure her security in the yard. Not to keep things out ... but to keep her in. She's learning so well to mind the commands of "come", "stay", "stop", etc. But there's always a chance that a passing deer might tempt her a little too much and the thought of losing her would crush me. What attracts me to the invisible fence is the fact that there's no fence to be seen ... no fence to mow around ... no fence to obstruct my view ... etc. I guess time will tell what choice I'll make regarding the security of my pup.

Are you aware of the invisible fences that you put up between you and other people when you're networking? Are your invisible fences keeping you safe or keeping other people away? Are you intending to keep people away from you?

We've heard of the Law of Attraction ... well, invisible fences have a tendency to activate the Law of Repulsion when you're networking. People want to network with other people who are open, inviting, and accessible. Are your behaviors reflecting this? And a really big question to ask yourself ... how are other people perceiving your behaviors?

I might still consider the invisible fence for my dog ... however, you might want to seriously consider dismantling yours when it comes to networking and your referability!






No comments: