Monday, September 08, 2008

Referability Expert: Palm Centro!

So does anyone really know the difference between a Blueberry (I mean Blackberry) and a "Smartphone"?! From my limited perspective, I think its mostly a branding thing ... however, I could be missing the boat on this one.

Branding or not, I recently chose the smartphone ... specifically, the Palm Centro. I liked the Centro for a few reasons:

1. It provided me with a short learning curve, since I already had a Palm device.
2. It made it easy for me to view my calendar and create my monthly reports because of the color sort option on the calendar.
3. I could learn how to use the key pad quickly because the keys are aligned like a normal keyboard.
4. It's designed to improve my overall efficiency.

All of these BENEFITS made it a no brainer choice for me! I really like the device.

In general, marketing professionals know that customers typically make their buying decisions based on the benefits of a product or service. I surely did in this case. In order for you to generate referral business, customers need to know the benefits of your product or service. In order to get other people to refer people to you, THEY too, need to know your benefits. As they're talking to other people on your behalf ... that's what they need to be able to say in order to pursuade someone to become interested in wanting to meet you.

You can find out more about this topic in my new book, The 29% Solution: 52 Weekly Networking Success Strategies, strategy #30. Listen to your words ... are you telling people about your benefits or are you basically listing your features??

No comments: