Monday, January 05, 2009

Referral Marketing: Radio PR

Welcome to 2009! I hope you're ready ... ready for whatever this year holds in store for you!

Two days ago, I was on the radio here in Pittsburgh talking about the importance of networking and promoting The 29% Solution ... WMNY 1360 Pittsburgh Renaissance Radio, The American Entreprenuerial Show with host Ron Morris. It was a lot of fun to be live on the radio and sitting in the studio together with Ron. I've done many radio interviews promoting the book, but this was the first one done in person. You can find the recording by clicking on the link above!

The really cool thing about this opportunity is that I used my own referral marketing techniques to make it happen. I began speaking to lots of people about wanting to appear on this particular show. I included it in my marketing messages at my BNI chapter meetings. I activated two people who were close to Ron or the show to personally take him an autographed copy of the book. I specifically worked with a referral partner, Deanna Tucci Schmitt, to provide her the tools she needed to promote me to Ron. All of these efforts resulted in a one hour live interview segment on the #1 entreprenuerial radio show in my home town. How cool is that?!

There's no mistake about it ... referral marketing WORKS!! If you engage the right people with the right tools and education, they can bring the opportunities to your doorstep. Are you working your referral marketing system with the right people?

No comments: