Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Referral Marketing: Year End Assessment

As another year comes to a close, many people will be proclaiming their new year resolutions. My question is ... why?! I can't think of too many people who actually keep their resolutions for more than 3 months anyway! And, most often, our new year resolutions are focused on things that will make us better people. If that's the case ... why are we doing these things all the time? Why not simply be the person we truly want to be all the time?

Enough said on resolutions.

I would like to propose that at this time of year, instead of taking time to proclaim a resolution, take the time to perform an assessment on yourself and your business. Ask yourself these questions and honestly assess your performance:

1. How well did I perform for my networking group in 2008?

2. Did I get out of my "cave" and into the networking world as I needed to?

3. How well did I give of myself to my referral partners in 2008?

4. How well did I focus on my goals in 2008?

5. What did I do this year to enhance my professional development?

The end of the year is a GREAT time to assess your overall performance. If you want to improve, there's no need to proclaim a resolution that you'll break in 3 months ... as NIKE says ... just do it ... all day ... every day!

Happy New Year!

No comments: