Monday, December 08, 2008

Referral Marketing: Holiday Referrals!

In the next few weeks, I'm going to be attending 8 holiday gatherings ... and that includes 3 with family! Imagine how many people I'll be around in such a short amount of time! There will be referral opportunities upon every turn.

My job as a great networker is to keep my eyes and especially my ears open for referrals for the people I know. You can bet that during these gatherings, people will be talking about lots of things going on in their lives. For example, here are some of the things I'm likely to hear:

"My water heater broke last night!" (a referral for a plumber)
"House training our new puppy is really hard!" (a referral for a carpet cleaner or pet trainer)
"I wish I didn't have so much static in our house at this time of year!" (a referral for HVAC guy)
"Now that the kids are gone, our house is so big!" (a referral for my real estate agent)
"I'm so frustrated with my financial adviBoldsor!" (a referral for my financial advisor)

When I hear these opportunities, I have one phrase that works nearly every time to create a referral. I ask, "If I knew someone that could help you with that (or solve that problem) would you like to meet him (or her)?" See what I mean! Referrals ... referrals ... referrals!

How happy will you make the people in your network when you can present them with a holiday referral? Keep you eyes and ears open!! Good luck!

No comments: