Thursday, March 24, 2011

Referral Marketing: Coffee Grinders


Recently, I was given a Keurig coffee machine as a gift. This is a great machine for a convenient single cup of coffee! All you need to do is drop in a "K-cup", add water, and push a button. Wa-La! It makes a perfect cup of coffee.

Even though I love the convenience of the K-cup system, I can't help but to feel guilty of tossing out all those little plastic cups into our environment (multiplied by the billions now with the popularity of Keurig). So I use the K-cups very, very sparingly. More often now, I use the re-usable filter cup that was included with the machine. I grind my own coffee beans, add the coffee to the mini-filter, insert into the machine, and wa-la ... another perfect cup of coffee and no waste!

I know you've probably seen a coffee grinder. It takes an ordinary coffee bean and grinds it into the coffee granules that make great coffee. Coffee beans in their natural state don't make great coffee. They need to be crushed, ground, or worked into granules.

Your referral network is kind of like that coffee bean in its natural state. If unattended, it's just going to sit there, stagnant, with a lot of potential locked inside. It's not going to produce anything great until you work it, educate it, nurture it, and give to it. Then, and only then, will it be able to produce the great tasting results that you're looking for.

No comments: