Thursday, December 27, 2007

Referability Expert: Giving!

Santa Claus brought me a new book for Christmas. It's called "Giving: How each of us can change the world" by Bill Clinton. Now, people who know me best know that reading a book is not one of my favorite things to do. However, this book is on a topic that's near and dear to my heart ... giving. I will read this book ... it may take a while, but I will read it.

In my opinion, everyone can and should be a giver. Unfortunately, many people are takers. Then, they sit back and wonder why things aren't coming back in their direction.


Referral marketing has a solid foundation that's built on giving. Those who are the most successful at giving to others first, tend to be the most successful at referral marketing. The catch is knowing that there are many, many ways in which to give to others. People get locked into believing that in order to get referrals, they have to give referrals in return ... 1 for 1. That's not necessarily the case ... in all situations. Giving needs to be innovative.

Giving more to your network might not change the world ... however, it will certainly change your relationships ... only for the better.

How will you be a better giver in 2008?

No comments: