Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Referral Marketing: Lifelong Learning

If you ever get to the point that you believe you know everything, it's a clear indication that you don't.

Lifelong learning applies to everything you do. It doesn't matter if you're learning to train a new puppy by taking him to school, teaching your kids "new math", discovering what to do about keeping house sparrows out of your bluebird box, taking a course on networking, or completing your GPA at age 50. Lifelong learning is critical to your success in life. Learning something new stretches your brain, positions you for opportunities, enables you to achieve more in your life, brings about gratification, and challenges you to become a better person.

For me, lifelong learning is a commitment I've made to myself. I purposely add to my professional library every year with books and books on CD. Books on CD are my favorite! I read the Pittsburgh Business Times weekly and attend conferences yearly. In my business, I try to instill the attitude of lifelong learning to my clients. Since networking and referral marketing are skills that need to be developed and honed, lifelong learning is one way to ensure those skills become strong.

That's why, I want to promote an upcoming seminar in Pittsburgh that I believe business professionals from all walks of life should attend. No matter what profession you're in, there's some element of sales. Sales can work for you or against you. On June 18th at the Radisson in Green Tree, Greta Schulz will be speaking from her book, "To Sell is NOT to Sell". Greta is a Pittsburgh Business Times columnist and has over 20 years of sales training experience. Her approach to sales is very applicable in today's economy. To check it out and to register for the event, go to http://www.bni-westernpa.com/. You'll find the information on that home page.

No comments: