Sunday, September 16, 2007

Networking on Saturday!

This week, was my first week back from a week vacation ... it was a long week. The last thing I really wanted to do was to get up at 5:30am on Saturday in order to attend an event by the National Speaker's Association (NSA) -Pittsburgh Chapter. Since my referral partner really encouraged me to attend ... "it'll be worth your time ... I'm going" she said ... I decided to go. She was right!

The speaker for the event was Mark LeBlanc ... current president of the national NSA organization. I really enjoyed Mark's presentation. It was probably one of the best networking events I've been to in a while. Mark reminded me of several things that were paralleled to what I teach in Certified Networker. More importantly, he taught me several things that will add significant value to my business. He spoke about HVAs ... high value activities ... that we must focus on daily within our businesses. He talked about staying focused on our "optimistic number" on a monthly basis. In addition, he gave us a marketing plan DNA.

It never fails that I get the most value out of an event that I really didn't feel like going to. Not only did I get the great information for my business ... I also walked away with three referrals for people in my network!! Not bad for few hours on Saturday morning.

Lesson learned ... when you really don't feel like going to an event ... go anyway ... and better yet ... take a referral partner with you!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Thank you Michelle, for a great reminder. This morning I was trying to decide whether to put an event on my calendar that a group of BNI members are putting on. I will have to drive back over an hour from a very early morning training to barely make it, and logically I had decided that it just couldn't be done. Your reminder will help me to have a different attitude.