Saturday, September 08, 2007

Adirondack Adventures!


Hello again! I'm back from my Adirondack vacation!

This year, my partner and I went back to the Adirondacks for relaxation in the great outdoors. It was a fantastic trip full of hiking, scenic overlooks, mountain biking, and my first adventure in kayaking! I'm totally sold on kayaking and ready to buy my own kayak!

We met some new friends ... particularly, Connie Perry, the owner of Frisky Otter Tours, Inc. We met Connie when we were staying in this guide tent at the Woods Inn in Inlet, NY (on Fourth Lake ... in the picture). Connie's kayak/canoe rental & touring business is relatively new. While touring on South Pond, we ventured into a discussion of business and her desire to grow mostly by referral. [Imagine that ... referral marketing still happens, even when on vacation!!] What I like most about Connie is that she is following her passion. We talked about target market and making the right connections in that market. We talked about focus and the need to emphasize her unique selling position. We talked about networking with the right people. Connie and I decided to continue our dicussion in a coaching relationship to channel her passion in a way that will further enhance her referral business. I can't wait to get started.

In addition to developing this new friendship, I was also successful at finding a referral for one of my referral partners. Why? How? Because I heard a need and responded in a way that opened the door for my friend, Bob Faletti of Blue Archer.

Like I said ... it was a great vacation! Quality time with my partner, new friends, beautiful weather, new adventures, nature at it's best, and no tv, cell phone, or computer! If you've never been to the Adirondacks, by all means GO!






No comments: