Monday, October 22, 2007

No Pain, No Gain!

I've finally made the commitment to get back in shape. (No, that's not me in the photo!)

So far, so good. I decided that to jump start my "program" and establish a routine, I would hire a fitness trainer. I hired someone that I've known for about 5 years ... her name is Kathy Evans Palmisano. Kathy is the right fit for me. I prefer free weight training and Kathy is a retired body builder. We click on multiple levels and I fully respect her advice, insight, and expertise. And, because of this respect, I allow her to push my body ... no pain, no gain.

After just 7 sessions or so, I'm noticing results ... most impressively right now in my strength and endurance!


But ... here's the main point. I made the commitment, I found someone to support me, I schedule regular appointments, and I'm seeing results! Imagine if you took this same approach with a referral partner? What if you made a real commitment to them and scheduled regular appointments with them? What if you added in a layer of someone to support you ... an accountability partner ... someone who would ask you "Have you scheduled your meetings with your referral partner this month?" What would this do for your referral results?

I anticipate that after 3-4 meetings or so, you would start to see noticeable improvement in not only the quantity of referrals but the quality of the referrals given both ways.

Remember, no pain, no gain! If you don't give your referral partner your time, you'll never reap the full benefits of the referral relationship.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you!