Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dollar for Dollar


I have belonged to BNI in Western Pennsylvania for about 4 years. My chapter is called the Circle of Excellence. We currently have 38 members. I have watched this chapter grow and flourish. As a member, I have served on several leadership teams and helped this chapter to achieve our regions Chapter of the Year Award for THREE years in a row! I thought that was quite an accomplishment ... until now.

This week, my chapter of 38 professionals surpassed the $500,000 mark (that's HALF A MILLION DOLLARS) of net income generated by members for other members in qualified referrals in 2006! Dollar for dollar, one chair in my BNI chapter is worth $13,158! That's not a bad average return on the investment into a networking group. I don't know of any other networking group, as a whole, that can quantify business results that even come close to BNI.

How did we do it? It's easy ... we followed the system that BNI puts into place. We spend time together outside the meeting to learn how to refer each other. Education and learning is only part of it ... the proof is in the action. This group of professionals care about each other enough to act every day on behalf of someone else.

If you've not heard of BNI, you must be under a rock. Check out the link to my region. Deanna and Bob Schmitt, the Directors of my region, live by the giver's gain philosophy and would be happy to introduce you to the most profitable networking organization in history!

If you are in BNI, tell me about your chapter successes!

No comments: