Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Passing Grade!

I passed!!

If you've been following this blog you know that I recently purchased a '91 Harley Sportster. However, I didn't know how to ride a motorcycle ... until yesterday when I passed my motorcycle exam ... giving me my rider's license for the state of PA! I'm psyched! Now, I'm street legal. Don't worry ... you shouldn't clear the road just yet, because it will still take me some time to get fully comfortable on my Harley ... since the basic rider's school had me learning on a bike that was much smaller than mine. None the less ... I now know how to ride a motorcycle!!

Why is this significant for me? For as long as I can remember, I had a dream to own a motorcycle and to learn how to ride safely. I've accomplished that goal. I was able to attain that goal because I did a few things to make it happen:

1. I told people about my goal. I talked about it alot. When I spoke the words, it seemed to make it real for me.

2. I wrote it into my personal goals. Writing it down is the step that most people skip with their goals. Writing it down helped me to stay focused on it and again, made it real.

3. I was persistent. Focusing on it helped me to keep it top of mind. Keeping it top of mind had me thinking about it alot.

What are your networking goals? Do you have them written down? I do. I know what I plan to do for networking my business in 2007. I also include how I plan to help my referral partners in my business goals. I share my goals with people who are significant to me.
Isn't it time you write your goals down to make them REAL!?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, I'm glad you learned to ride safely.

Debby said...

You go-o-o-o-o girl!