Monday, August 20, 2007

Duh!

Have you seen those "duh" car commercials lately? Okay, so maybe you've seen them too much, however they make a good point. Where else in your life can you apply the word "duh" right now?

Duh ... I knew getting the Great Dane while still in this apartment wasn't a good idea!
Duh ... I wish I would have remembered to get gas yesterday!
Duh ... The package told me smoking was hazardous to my health!

Duh ... I thought for sure my car could make it across this flooded street!
Duh ... I wonder what would happen if I ________?

Okay, you get the picture. Don't you wish you could give out "DUH" tickets to people?
So, with regards to referral marketing, have you had any "duh" moments?

Duh ... I missed that opportunity to refer my partner because I was thinking of ME first!
Duh ... It would have been nice to have my referral partner at this networking event with me!
Duh ... I wish I had my referral partner's business card right now!
Duh ... I didn't realize my referral partner wanted that kind of business!

To limit the occurances of your "DUH" moments, pay attention to your referral partners. Keep them top of mind. Give to them BEFORE you expect to receive anything back. Write down your duh moments and discuss them with your referral partner so that you don't let them happen again!

I certainly wouldn't want to have to give YOU a referral "duh" ticket!


No comments: