Sunday, August 19, 2007

Value Venues

"Value Venues" ... what do I mean by that phrase?
In my mind, it's a venue by which you can add value that brings equal value right back to you as well. For example, one of my favorite examples of this is writing articles. Writing articles that impart your expertise is a perfect way to add value to someone else as well as add value to yourself by increasing your visibility and credibility.


One of my goals this year is to write and publish 20 articles for business publications. So far, I've been quite successful at writing for several publications from business newsletters to the Allegheny County Bar Association's Legal Journal. The purpose is two fold: 1) to add value to the publication by sharing my knowledge and expertise, thereby educating their consumer and 2) to become known as the expert in the area on referral marketing. So, if you need an article on referral marketing or networking, send me an email.

What are some other value venues to explore for your business?
- Networking groups, so long as you're an active member
- Writing a book
- Pro-bono speaking engagements (I ask people to apply for them and limit how many I do per year)
- Volunteering for a non-profit (so long as you volunteer for the right reasons)

What other value venues have worked for you?


No comments: