Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Survivorman!

My friends know that one of my favorite shows is Survivor! I really enjoy the concept and the dynamics that come into play with putting people into stressful situations. I even applied to be ON Survivor several years ago. Recently, I discovered a new show called "Survivorman". This is a real survivor show about one man, Les Stoud, and his adventures of being purposefully stranded in the most harsh terrains on the planet to live for 7 days alone.

I took the time to look up his website and read more about him. Les is absolutely passionate about the environment and survival strategies ... so much so that he made it his career and lifestyle. He lives far in the northern Canadian territory with his wife in a minimalist lifestyle with very little, if any, modern amenities. I find this passion to be absolutely compelling.

How does this relate to referral marketing? The way I see it, authentic passion enhances your referability. When people sense your passion, experience your passion, and feel your passion ... it becomes contagious! Other people can't help themselves from talking about you and sharing your passion with others. Passion fuels a referral marketing campaign.

Are you passionate about what you do? Is it truly what you were meant to be doing? Are you expressing your passion so that others catch it and pass it on? If your answer is "no" to any of these questions ... consider its impact on your referability!

No comments: