Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Time, Energy, Attention

What do you do to GIVE to your referral partners?
How do you go the extra mile?

Today at my BNI chapter Circle of Excellence meeting, my director, George Zacherl, did a presentation that focused on one-to-one meetings. In BNI, members are encouraged to meet with other members one-to-one to get to know them and their business extremely well in order to refer each other business. It's no secret in BNI that the more one-to-ones you do, the more referrals you receive in the long run. George singled out 4 people in my chapter who have had more than 40 one-to-one meetings so far this year. Out of the four, three of us (myself included) are referral partners who make a commitment to each other to meet on a regular basis. AND, the same three are Certified Networker graduates! Is this a coincidence? I don't think so!

I give time, energy, and specific attention to my referral partners. One thing that I have done to go the extra mile for them is to sit down with them individually in my office and weed through my contact list for specific prospects for them. Then, we discuss the best approach to use to generate business for them. It's not only helpful for them on the obvious level, but it's also teaching them how they can do the same for someone else too ... maybe even me when the time is right.

So ... how much time, energy and attention have you given your referral partners so far this month? Perhaps it's time to give them what they deserve ... priority.

1 comment:

Debby said...

I love this Michelle. Especially since I had a nay-sayer in my Membership Success Program yesterday. This was a young attorney all full of himself. This MSP class was all the same chapter members, all brand new. He made a comment that he would NEVER share his clients with anyone. HMMMMM, I wonder how long he will be a member????