Monday, May 07, 2007

Patience-It's Musky Season!

I spent the weekend fishing ... probably my ulimate of favorite past times!

The first weekend of May is always the opening weekend of musky season. (this is a musky ... I don't know this person, but I liked the picture!) Muskies are the biggest, baddest freshwater fish in PA (in my opinion). They need to be 40 inches to be legal!

We joined my parents at our small fishing trailer outside of Meadville, PA. We spent several hours on Saturday and Sunday patiently fishing our favorite lake for muskies just like this one ... you really didn't think I'd tell you WHERE did you?! Although, Alyssa and I caught nothing ... my dad (musky man himself) caught 3 and my mom caught her first one ever!! Four elusive muskies in one weekend is not bad at all! These fish require a lot of patience! (some say muskies are the fish of 10,000 casts)

How many casts do you need to make into your referral network in order to catch one big one?

Referral marketing takes alot of patience. It actually takes more patience than some are willing to give. Some people think that referrals should come quickly ... especially after you've done nice work for someone. The truth is ... referrals are the direct result of a relationship and relationships take time to develop. Referral marketing is the human way of doing business. Just like the muskies, we humans are very complex ... sometimes fickle ... and many times, we need you to be very patient with us. However, the most patient fisherman gets the big one!

If you're patient with your referral marketing system ... you too will catch the big one!

No comments: