Monday, March 19, 2007

Reconnecting with the past!

I spent this past weekend in Philadelphia ... technically the Valley Forge area. I have many roots there from a long history of working with the Girl Scout organization. I was there to facilitate a session for the Mid-Atlantic Trainers Conference. My session was focused on using the whole brain when you facilitate an audience of adult learners.

It was somewhat of a scary drive out there through the late winter snow/ice storm. But, the value from being there far outweighed the challenge. It was absolutely wonderful to reconnect with people ... some of whom I haven't seen in nearly 5 years. On Saturday, I had lunch with my old boss, Dale McCreedy from the Franklin Institute. Saturday night was dinner with a group of very special friends (including Marj, Tina, and Beth). For breakfast on Sunday morning, I met with Cathy Malkemes ... a must have reunion every time I'm in Philly! In addition, during the conference, I reconnected with Dixie Glenney from GSUSA and many, many volunteers that I once worked very closely with in Girl Scouts.

I made sure to capitalize on my time in Philly. I made an effort to never eat alone (except for Friday night, which got cancelled because of the storm). It was a built in opportunity for me to network and share the latest news about my business and its development.

Reconnecting with people from your past is a great way to share your successes and in the end, you never know who they might want to connect you with now.

No comments: