Sunday, March 04, 2007

Safety & Protection

Yesterday I bought my new Scorpion EXO 700 safety helmet to ride with my motorcycle. This is the exact helmet ... cool, huh! And, I successfully registered for the Basic Riders Safety course in order to learn how to correctly ride my new motorcycle! The class begins at the end of March ... I've never been so excited to learn something new!

Safety & protection. I've been studying alot about safety and protection lately. How does this apply to referral marketing and networking? How do you protect the relationships that you're developing with referral partners? Are you taking for granted that they will always be there for you? What if your best referral partner moves across the country? It happened to me several years ago ... and I wasn't ready for it! Are you assuming that your relationship is so strong that you don't really need to protect it from anything? What safety mechanisms are you putting into place to protect your word of mouth marketing efforts?

Some motorcycle riders take the risk of riding without a helmet. They like the feeling of the wind in their hair, the sense of freedom, the thought that they are good riders and will never crash! It's a huge risk ... one that I will never take! Equally so, I will never again take the risk of losing my best referral partners, without having a game plan.

For me, plan B involves continually building strong relationships with referral sources who when the time comes, may move up the relationship scale to become a full-fledged referral partner. Don't get caught off guard ... be sure to include safety and protection in your word of mouth marketing plan!



No comments: