Friday, October 27, 2006

Four Letter Words!

Cold call. Look at it ... it's two four letter words! Does that tell you something? I prefer to grow my business entirely by referrals. In my opinion, it's a better way of doing business. It's a more natural and comfortable way of doing business. And, it's a more honest way of doing business.

Growing your business by referral builds in an element of integrity. Think about it ... who would refer you business if you weren't doing top notch work? Who would refer you business if they weren't themselves convinced that you would do a great job? When someone chooses to refer you, they choose to put their hard-earned reputation on the line for you. There is a lot of responsibility that's attached to that referral!

A referral business keeps you honest and at the top of your game. I know what it feels like to get a cold call. I'll do almost anything to avoid it! Why would I want people to purposefully avoid me when I can become more attractive to people by being referred to them by someone they know, like and trust? A referral business makes my life so much more enjoyable. It makes getting new business easy and FUN!

Why do you like getting referral business?

No comments: