Monday, October 16, 2006

Plan ... or be LOST!


Do you have marketing goals? Do you have word of mouth marketing goals? Do you have a plan by which to accomplish these goals?

I know from my experience that planning in advance in critical to my success. I see it impact my life every day. For example, just the other day, some friends gathered to go through a corn maze ... at night, in the dark! As we entered the maze, the corn towered twice our height and was thick as thick could be. We could hear voices, but see absolutely no one and no other flashlights. Obviously, we needed a plan! Without a plan, I'm sure that we would still be somewhere ... LOST ... in that 6 acre plot of corn. Thankfully, our plan worked and we made it out in about 45 minutes. I wonder if Suzanne and her group ever made it out? I don't think they had a plan.

All of my goals keep me on track and help me to get the most out of my networking and word of mouth efforts. For example, I am currently in the process of developing a new referral partner for my business, Pinnacle Training Services, and developing my first additional trainer for Certified Networker in Western PA.

What are some of your word of mouth marketing goals?

1 comment:

Debby said...

One WOM goal is to invite a visitor to BNI every week; especially one who can help another member of our group.