Friday, October 13, 2006

Welcome to my blog!


Hello and welcome to my blog.

To be honest, I've never done anything like this before. I feel like I'm writing my thoughts in some kind of cosmic diary. Wow! This is going to be interesting! Especially to those who know how computer savy I am ... NOT!

Yesterday, my friend Debby Peters in Ohio was telling me all about this process of creating a blog. Debby operates Certified Networker of Ohio www.cnpofohio.blogspot.com and began a blog this year in order to expand her visibility and establish a greater web presence for Certified Networker. She has said that in doing so, she has also been establishing herself as the "networking guru", as she likes to be called. I certainly look to Debby for expert advice. She inspired me to create this blog (among other things) ... thank's Debby! Let's see where this ride will take me!

The main focus of my blog is to discuss and share primarily on the topics of networking, referral marketing, word of mouth marketing, and other relevant material that inspires people to do business with each other. Of course if something really cool or interesting comes to mind or pops into my day, that may find itself here as well. The bottom line is, I hope that you will learn something new, be reminded of something significant, or simply enjoy my perspective on business and life.

How about if we start with this?

Networking ... people connecting with other people to build relationships. Individuals all over the world participate in some form networking (business, personal, or social). It's a common human practice that crosses the boundaries of culture, race, religion, ethnicity, etc. The demoninator is the human need to connect to other people and form relationships.

If networking has such a global impact on the human race and international economy, why not celebrate it with a national day of recognition? In fact, February 6, 2007 will be the first celebrated International Networking Day. Did you know that? It is official! Dr. Ivan Misner, founder of BNI or Business Network International (www.bni.com) has teamed up with colleagues around the world to make this happen. So keep your ears to the ground and eyes to the sky for more information coming your way about International Networking Day.

Do you have a great story to share about networking in other countries or cultures?

Ciao.

2 comments:

Debby said...

Michelle, great beginning. I look forward to reading more in the future.

As for cultural difference. One of our Certified Networker Grads, Dianne Taylor, is a British citizen. She is now back living in England. While she was here she was fascinated with the concept of networking because she said that Brits just don't do it or even understand it.

Weston Lyon said...

Congratulations Michelle!!!

You're now on your way in the NEW world of marketing - internet marketing. I'm happy to see you've started to BLOG and I'm positive that every one tuning in will learn more than they ever bargained for.

I know I look forward to reading more from you...especially since I've just completed taking the Certified Networker Program you taught (which has changed my biz - thanks for that too).

Thanks for the opportunity to learn more!

Weston Lyon
KING of the Functional
Fitness Jungle & Author of
"USE IT TO LOSE IT"
412-974-0739
weston@westonlyon.com
www.westonlyon.com