Wednesday, February 07, 2007

International Networking Day - The Review


Last night's inaugral International Networking Day event in Pittsburgh was outstanding! Of all the networking events that I have ever been to ... and trust me ... with my profession centered around networking ... I've been to a few ... this one event blew all others clean out of the water.

Why? Let's count the ways.

1. It was a purposeful event that met its purpose. It provided structure for people to make connections for each other ... the GIVE in giver's gain!
2. The networking activity was easy and genuinely created to help others first! That's what true networking was all about! Thanks Becky and Stefanie!
3. The engaged audience was so engaged during the activity that virtually no one was sitting! First time for me to ever see THAT! But then again, there were no chairs for some time until the wall opened up ... brilliant idea!
4. The speaker, Scott Ginsberg, was entertaining, enlightening, and relevant to the day's theme!
5. The participants, from what I could tell, all accomplished at least one of their goals ... if not many due to the support of the other participants. I personally, met 3 of my 5 goals and loved every minute of it.
6. I learned cool phrases from Scott that will help me enhance my material as well ... his information has great synergy with Certified Networker.
7. It was evident to see how the concept of Givers Gain was reinforced throughout the evening.
8. I got to see my dear friend from Toledo, Ohio - Deb Peters - who came in town for the event.
9. I left the event with four referrals for people in my BNI chapter! And, I'm actually working on two more.
10. It was the first of what I hope to be many, many future IND events ... of which I hope to help sponsor.

My hats off to Deanna Tucci Schmitt and her entire gang of support! It takes a small village to pull off something that has that much impact! Thank you for the opportunity!

No comments: