Tuesday, February 06, 2007

International Networking Day!




It's here! It's finally here!

International Networking Day is here! For those of you who don't know, today is International Networking Day and this week is International Networking Week.

What does this mean? People all over the world will be celebrating the art of face to face networking. Events will occur across the globe. In Pittsburgh, our event begins this afternoon and features a key note speaker, Scott Ginsberg. It also features a creative networking activity that promotes people making connections with each other to help them meet their goals. This great idea came from a Certified Networker graduate, Becky Hooman!

What are my goals for the event?
1. To shake hands with Scott Ginsberg
2. To find three writing opportunities
3. To drive traffic to my graduate's booths
4. To pass out 100 postcards for my upcoming Certified Networker preview sessions
5. To talk to a woman who rides a motorcycle

As a Certified Networker, I know that having a goal for a networking event will help me to have success at this event. It will give me focus and make it all worth while. The best approach is to share my goals with several people who will help me meet my goals and I help them meet theirs in return. That's what networking truly is all about ... helping each other.

What are some of the goals that you have had for networking events?

1 comment:

Debby said...

Michelle, great event last night. It was worth the four hour drive to Pittsburgh! One of my goals was to meet someone from Malaysia or someone who has lived in Malaysia. This is to help one of my grads. It looks like Weston will be able to help me reach that goal. KOOOOOL.