Thursday, November 01, 2007

Referral Marketing: Set High Standards

People that know me know that I have high standards. Basically, I expect the best that people have to offer. When it comes to me hand picking my referral partners ... I make no exception. After all, these are the people I want to be marketing my business on my behalf ... as good if not better than I can do it myself!

Tonight, I had dinner with someone I targetted as a potential referral partner from the minute I met her. Her name is Andrea Marquis ... a Sales Consultant for PAYCHEX. She calls herself the payroll "superhero"! She's currently enrolled in my Certified Networker class and all I can say is ... she gets it!

Andrea is a mover and a shaker. She's driven, focused on the goal, and intent on serving her clients with utmost professionalism. She's no nonsense, decisive, and ruled by integrity. She's willing to give others opportunities (and has already done so for me) ... practicing a "givers gain" philosophy. All of these are great qualities in a referral partner!

In addition, I like her as a person. We had a great dinner and if she's to become a referral partner, I'll most likely have many more dinners with her ... so it's important to me to want to become friends.

Why do I tell you all of this? I want you to think about what qualities are important for you in a referral partner! You shouldn't take in just anyone off the street. Your decision will seriously impact your business. My decision to include Andrea is going to positively impact my business and her business equally so. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: